Saturday 17 October 2009

Unusual boats


I have recently started putting photos on Flickr – just snaps taken around the Norfolk Broads when we have been out on the boat.

Purely by accident, I have become fanatical about snapping old or unusual boats as there is a small but tight-knit circle of 'otaku' who know EVERYTHING about EVERY boat on the Broads and they will pounce on my photos to see who can be the first to identify the boat, even having arguments over the year of build etc.

The trouble is that now I am constantly scanning the passing boats or those on the moorings to see if I can find something unusual to keep these good people on their toes.

The photo is of one boat which beat the experts as, although I knew the name of it, no-one could come up with any history. Hah!

1 comment:

  1. My Flickr link in case anyone is interested is http://www.flickr.com/photos/supine39/

    ReplyDelete